Hempland Primary School makes a strong commitment to PE which is evident from the wide range of extra-curricular activities and involvement in a wide range of sports and competitive sports activities.
Use of Sports Funding
Hempland is a member of the East Yorkshire District Partnership and we engage in a wide range of sporting activities led by Archbishop Holgate Secondary School.
Develop Teaching and Learning Aims
- Development of new long and medium term plans
- Whole school staff development.
- Raising the profile of sport in school.
Whilst we currently have a high level of quality resources we purchase additional resources as necessary so as to extend our provision.
Extend and Maintain Extra-Curricular Activities
The funding will also be used to further our current range of activities by inviting accredited coaches into school to lead after school-clubs e.g. football, rugby, multi-skills, dance and swimming.
Intended outcomes at Hempland
- Enhance the skills and confidence of staff
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE
- Enhance participation and enjoyment of PE and Sport within and outside the school day
- Secure external accreditation for quality of provision in PE
- Develop a sustainable model for the future.
For information on our PE and Sport Premium Funding, please click the links below.