Our School Development Plan for 2015/2016 is attached below, detailing the ways in which we are working to ensure that all of our children achieve their maximum potential. Have a look at our five top priorities below or click on the link to read more.
|PRIORITY - PUPIL PROGRESS||All children will make good or outstanding progress. Every child succeeds|
|PRIORITY - THE NEEDS OF EVERY CHILD ARE MET||We have high expectations for whole-child development|
|PRIORITY - QUALITY TEACHING AND LEARNING||Teaching and learning provides secure foundations for on-going and life-long success|
|PRIORITY - HIGH ASPIRATIONS FOR ALL CHILDREN|| We inspire ambition and equip all children to become independent, highly motivated and active learners.
|PRIORITY - LEADERS AND LEADERSHIP||We are all leaders and drivers in our professional role, development and performance.|
Please click here to view our School Improvement Plan 2016 - 2017
The School currently holds the following Quality Marks:
- Basic Skills Quality Mark
- Arts Mark Gold
- Dyslexia Friendly School
- ICT Mark
- Sainsbury's GOLD Sports award
Pupil Premium information
At Hempland Primary School we use the allocated Pupil Premium Grant to help support the education of those children who are eligible for Free School Meals or for children who are Looked After. Our overall aim is to use the Pupil Premium to provide equal opportunities and narrow attainment gaps. We use this premium in a number of ways:
1. Primarily to provide targeted teacher intervention and additional teaching assistant time to support children develop the basic skills of reading, writing and maths.
- Identification of Pupil Premium children on trackers.
- Teaching assistant targeted deployment overview.
- TA planning files.
- Teacher/TA intervention discussion sheets.
- Pre and post assessments.
- Year 6 support plan.
2. To provide financial support, for example to help pay for school visits or swimming lessons.
- Revised parental support pro forma
3. To provide support for children who may need to further develop their wider skills. This may be small group activities, communication skills, confidence activities or targeting children to attend extra-curricular clubs.
Hempland Primary School makes a strong commitment to PE which is evident from the wide range of extra-curricular activities and involvement in a wide range of sports and competitive sports activities.
Use of Sports Funding
Hempland is a member of the East Yorkshire District Partnership and we engage in a wide range of sporting activities led by Archbishop Holgate Secondary School.
Develop Teaching and Learning
We partner with Total Sport who provide specialist PE and Sports teaching two days a week. As well as organising a number of interschool activities and competitions. Furthermore this includes:
- Development of new long and medium term plans
- Working alongside staff to develop
- Providing support for planning and both formative and summative assessment.
- Whole school staff development.
- Providing opportunities to take part in 'taster sessions' in sports not available in a primary school.
- Continually raising the profile of sport in school.
Whilst we currently have a high level of quality resources we purchase additional resources as necessary so as to extend our provision.
Extend and Maintain Extra-Curricular Activities
The funding will also be used to further our current range of activities by inviting accredited coaches into school to lead after school-clubs e.g. football, rugby, multi-skills, dance and swimming.
Sainsbury's Gold Mark
We are currently working towards Gold Level on the Sainsbury's School Games Kitemark which includes various criteria such as providing all pupils with two hours of PE/week and engaging at least 50% of pupils in extra curricular sporting activities every week. For further details about what Gold Level means then visit the Sainsbury's School Games website by clicking on the link below.
Intended outcomes at Hempland
- Enhance the skills and confidence of staff.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE.
- Enhance participation and enjoyment of PE and Sport within and outside the school day.
- Secure external accreditation for quality of provision in PE.
- Develop a sustainable model for the future.
For information about our school including performance tables, showing how we compare with other schools, see the link below to the Department for Education website.
Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
At Hempland Primary School we value each and every child. For details about our Inclusion and Special Educational Needs (SEN) policies click on the link below:
Free School Meals or other Educational Benefits
If you think you are eligible for Free School Meals or other Educational Benefits then download the form below and return to school or to York City Council (see bottom of form for address).
For further information, including whether you qualify for Free School Meals then visit the York City Council website [click the link below]: